Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Independence Day Lessons

Happy Independence Day and welcome to my exercise in free speech, 21st century style. I begin this blog for a variety of purposes:

To chronicle my personal journey planning a trip with my oldest daughter, Marra, to New Hampshire this October for an up close taste of retail primary politics in advance of the 2008 Presidential candidate nominating season;
To expose my inner political thoughts to the harsh light of the Internet day;
To set an example that a political blog need not spew venom and hysterics to be interesting;
To provide a one stop shop for all my friends and acquaintances to keep up with the planning for our New Hampshire adventure.


Some background: In October 2003, I sat alone in my basement very late one evening (could have even been early morning), flipping channels. I finally stopped at C-SPAN, and watched General Wesley Clark shake hands outside an Oklahoma bus stop - for 20 minutes. It was at that moment that I decided to participate in the 2008 process, not from the basement couch, but from the front lines - Manchester.


Once committed to making the trip to New Hampshire, I needed a companion, someone to be as excited about just being there as I would be. That someone is my 11 year old daughter. Old enough to brainwash, and still young enough to do what I say. The perfect travel mate.
Enjoy the journey to NH 2007 with us, and thanks for your interest.


JS

No comments: