Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Synchronicity

Today the Republican candidates - Tancredo, Hunter, Paul, Romney, Thompson, McCain, Brownback, Guiliani - debated in Deerborn, MI. Each candidate tried to stand out with a line or a statement that would separate himself from the crowded field. Each candidate tried to use humor to make an impression on the audience. Each candidate returned to their campaign themes, and repeated the message for the voters to hear.

Thursday morning, Marra will be appearing on the TV News at her school, along with all the other candidates for Corresponding Secretary. She will present prepared remarks for the camera that outline for the student body the reasons to vote for her. She will attempt to separate herself from the crowded field. She will use humor to make an impression on her audience. She will return to her campaign theme (monkeys), and repeat the message for voters to hear.

Here is her speech, written independently by Marra. To set the stage, she will appear on camera with a monkey puppet in her arms. The monkey is named Bobo.

Bobo: Good Morning, Chimps and Orangutans. I’m Marra’s campaign manager. I’m going to tell you why you should vote for Marra. First of all, If you don’t I’ll punch you in the nose and-

Marra: Hey, that’s not very nice, Bobo! I’m not that desperate for votes. I’ll handle the speech, okay? Anyway, like Bobo said, I’m running for corresponding secretary. I think I would be good for the job because I have neat handwriting so I can record things neatly and accurately. I’m also responsible.

Bobo: Hey, what about that time when you-

Marra: Shhh!!! Bobo, stop interrupting. As I was saying, I’m very responsible. I’m a tutor, I’m on the TV news, I’m in GT and band…

Bobo: And she’s been a patrol for 2 years.

Marra: Right. I am a good writer, and I enjoy it too so it’s not like this job would be torture for me.

Bobo: Plus Marra’s on top of it!! She comes home every day and tells me exactly what’s going on.

Marra: Well, I have been here since kindergarten. I should know.

Both: So if you want a successful SCA, vote the Funky Monkey today!!!! Vote for Marra Sherrier!!!

Guiliani uses 9-11 and Marra uses monkeys. Whatever motivates your base. The vote is Friday, the day we leave for New Hampshire.

JS

No comments: